RPM for Monthly Recurring Revenue
Covered RPM procedures include: setup and training for monitoring devices. Providers can also expect monthly recurring reimbursements for equipment transmissions and monitoring.
How Does This Process Work?
- The Provider issues a remote physiological monitoring (RPM) device or device kit to the patient. (Scale, Blood Pressure, Pulse Ox, Glucometer, Thermometer, EKG, Medication)
- The Patients use the devices from home each day. As the device generates patient data, the information is transmitted digitally to the cloud portal. This greatly simplifies the data review and follow-up process.
CMS issues reimbursements for:
- A one-time payment (per patient) for initial equipment setup and training CPT 99453
- Monthly recurring payments for device transmission, CPT 99454
- Monthly recurring payments for patient monitoring, CPT 99457, 99458
If you have further questions about reimbursement, please visit our contact page. We would love to help you with any questions you may have!